Saturday, July 30, 2005

After CGAIMS

The conference was actually quite a lot of fun. If nothing else, it is nice to meet people who speak and think on about the same wave lentgh as you. There was one physics related paper and a few on computer graphics, but most of them were on AI in games and just in general. So, I got a few ideas to look for when I get to coding in AI into Ukrainian Rumble.

Unfortunately, network did not make it to the conference. We had only an off-line (singleplayer) version to show.

Couples of demos were created: a hammer and a line scene. For more info about them, check this page.

At the moment, I plan to release this version onto Ogre forums, but before I do that, however, I would like to make a few graphical improvements to localize it for the Ogre community (my guess is that guys and gals there like graphics ;-) after all it is a forum for a graphics engine). The new feature that I want to add is actually quite simple, which is why I am willing to do it right now: add a particle effect for any joint break not just ones caused by a missile collision. This should greatly improve visual look of the hammer falling down on top of vehicles.

No comments: